We value your privacy.
- We do not sell personal information.
- We do not allow those who are doing business on our behalf to use our personal information for their own marketing purposes.
- We contractually require any person or organization providing products or services on our behalf to protect MissionSelect personal information.
- We do not share personal medical information within MissionSelect unless:
- You expressly authorize it; or
- It is permitted or required by law; or
- Your insurance policy contract with us permits us to do so.
- We handle information about former and prospective customers the same as existing customers.
We maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards to protect customer information and to comply with federal and state laws. In addition, we review our policies and practices, monitor our computer networks, and test the strength of our security.
We retain personal information for legal, auditing, regulatory, and business purposes.
We collect personal information in different ways. For example, we gather information from
- Applications and other forms related to our products and through conversations with MissionSelect representatives, including our agents.
- Use of missionselect.com, our mobile sites and applications, our social media sites and applications, and interactions with our online advertisements.
- Transactions or experiences with us, such as payments, underwriting, and claims.
- Non-MissionSelect parties, including consumer reporting agencies that provide us with information such as driving records, claim histories, and credit information.
We use personal information, sometimes including consumer report information, to do things such as:
- Underwrite and rate your policies and accounts.
- Process your claims.
- Protect against fraud and unauthorized transactions.
- Provide proper billing.
- Confirm your identity and service your policies and accounts.
- Enhance your user experience and improve our products and services.
- Offer you other insurance and financial services products.
- Develop and offer new products and services.
- Develop either anonymized data or de-identified data by making reasonable efforts to remove personally identifiable information so the information is no longer personal information. We develop this data for certain purposes, such as analysis to understand more about our customers and our industry, or for other commercial purposes as permitted by law. We share and use this data with third party service providers, or with other unaffiliated entities.
- Perform other activities as required or permitted by law.
We share personal information, including information about our transactions with you (such as payments) and experiences with you (such as an auto claim), within MissionSelect and with MissionSelect agents to help meet your product and service needs. We share personal information inside or outside our family of companies:
- For our everyday business purposes, for public policy purposes, and as permitted or required by law.
- As needed, to handle your claim. For example, we may share name, address, and coverage information with a 3rd party to speed up repairs on home damage claims.
- With consumer reporting agencies, for example, during the underwriting process.
- In connection with a proposed or actual sale, merger, transfer, or exchange of all or a portion of our business or operating unit.
- With companies that perform marketing or other services for us or with whom we have joint marketing agreements. These agreements allow us to provide a broader selection of insurance and financial products to you.
- As needed, to protect against fraud and unauthorized transactions and in connection with the investigation, establishment, and defense of legal rights.
In addition to the information collection and sharing practices described above, MissionSelect website properties and mobile applications may use common tracking technologies like browser cookies, “Local Shared Objects” (such as “Flash” cookies), analytical tools, device IDs, or other technologies. We also collect certain technical information about the device you use to access our site or services, such as user-agent, time stamp, hardware type, language and time zone settings, IP address, OS type and version, and installed fonts. Our mobile and social media applications will contain a statement describing what information is collected from your use of that particular application. Currently, we do not support the necessary technology to respond to Web browser “do not track” signals or other, comparable mechanisms.
Please contact your agent for name/address changes or policy/coverage questions. You may contact us with questions about this Notice by:
- Writing us at:MissionSelect Insurance
P.O. Box 271122
Flower Mound, TX 75027
- Calling us at 800-780-6941 Opt #3.
- Emailing us at email@example.com